Australia - All Australian universities, TAFEs, government schools and almost all other schools are licensed by Screenrights allowing them to copy whatever they want from television and radio.
New Zealand - Screenrights agreements with New Zealand educational institutions give schools, universities and polytechnics, colleges and Wananga a comprehensive right to tape programmes from television and radio in exchange for the payment of an annual fee.
For more information about the licence please visit the Screenrights website or email email@example.com
You can copy as much as you like
The Screenrights licence is versatile and flexible - you can...
- Copy any program anytime, anywhere
- Copy entire programs or excerpts
- Make copies of copies
- Show tapes in class or the library
- Keep copies as resources in your library
- Make up compilation tapes of material you have copied
- Copy in any format - VHS, DVD, PVR, HDD etc
- Copy anything on free-to-air TV, pay-TV, Radio
- Email copies to students or make them available online for students or staff
- Broadcast copies within your institution
- Use your video reticulation system (such as Clickview and DVC's Video Commander) to show copied programs
- Copy programs from home (applies to teachers and students) on behalf of your educational institution
- Make the copy available on your intranet (as long as it's secure so only your students and staff can view it).
The only requirements are that you have a Screenrights licence, that the copy is made for the educational purposes of the institution, and that it is labelled.
Making copies of the DVDs from EnhanceTV
As an educational institution holding a current Screenrights copying
licence, you are permitted to make copies of the DVD for the institution's
educational purposes. In this way you are able to make backup copies and
multiple copies for use within your institution. All copies must be labelled
in the same manner to the original disk. DVD's purchased from the EnhanceTV
store carry no copy protection or designated geographic region. You can utilise the copies purchased from EnhanceTV the same way you would if your educational institution
For answers to freqently asked questions, see the Help section.